The Filipino American Veterans Association also referred to as FAVA was initially established with the idea of creating a central site for social and community service activities of the growing influx of Filipinos that were arriving in San Diego as a result of their military service during and after WWll. Within 3 years of incorporation on October 16, 1949, FAVA opened the doors to the first Filipino-American organization owned building in the city of San Diego affectionately named FAVA Hall.
It is the permanent home headquarters of Branch #84 Fleet Reserve Association and American Legion Leyte Post 625 and continues to host several community events throughout the year. FAVA Hall still stands today as a location for the Filipino community to gather and bond over the interests of preserving our Filipino heritage and serving the military and San Diego community as a whole.
Filipino American Veterans Association of San Diego
2926 Market St
San Diego, CA 92102
Photo Gallery Online!
Like us on Facebook to stay in touch and learn about upcoming events.